Hey, I’m Jeremy. What’s up?
I’m a man of a variety of strange talents and interests. I design websites (like this one); shoot pictures and video; write; do graphic design and make it move; DJ for parties, weddings, and events; do street magic; and kinda rap a little.
I love mixed martial arts, standup comedy, and film. I’ve watched pro wrestling since I was a little kid and to this day still hatewatch WWE Raw most Mondays.1 I have way too much useless information stored in my brain about all four of those things. I love books that shatter misconceptions.2
I used to work for National Community Church as Media Pastor, but now I’m the Lead Pastor at Lakeside Community Church in Algoma, WI. I also do a little freelance work when the feeling strikes me.
According to Strengths Finder 2.0
- I have an awesome wife named Adrienne. She is the bomb.
- I have both rapped and DJed on the stage of the historic Lincoln Theater in DC. Both were awesome.3
- I grew up wanting to be a pro wrestler and still hold out hope that one day I’ll be in a ring for at least one night.
- I used to work for FYE running autograph signings at concerts and met a bunch of artists I never wanted to meet including the Pussycat Dolls, Saliva, Better than Ezra, Orgy, and Rick Springfield. I set up a Hanson signing, but didn’t stick around to meet them. I can tell you their manager was a 50 year old guy in slacks that called himself Machine.
- I wrote a chapter for the book Outspoken: Conversations on Church Communication.
- Adrienne and I went to UFC 148 to see Silva vs Sonnen II. It was arguably the biggest event in company history and was a night I’ll never forget. Even though the wrong guy won.
- I performed a live dubstep remix of Jesus Culture’s “One Thing Remains” with the NCC worship team at Deeper Summer 2012. It could have been terrible, but actually turned out awesome.